IRA Charitable Rollover
Transferring funds from your IRA directly to Larimer Humane Society is an effective way to have an immediate impact on the animals in northern Colorado!
Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year ($200,000 for a married couple).
- When transferred directly from your IRA to Larimer Humane Society, your donation does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution* from your IRA.
- To make a transfer from your IRA, simply download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
* Congress has waived the annual Required Minimum Distribution from IRA Accounts in the year 2020 as part of the CARES Act in response to COVID-19. Please consider seeking advice from your financial advisor or tax professional to understand how recent changes to laws governing retirement plans may impact you and your charitable gift.