COVID-19 Pandemic Guidelines
In response to the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, the following guidelines are in place:
Safety precautions for clients and staff
- Due to the health order issued by Larimer County (starting 10/20), all visitors to Larimer Humane Society must wear a mask.
- In an effort to limit the number of people in our shelter at one time, we are allowing a maximum of 2 visitors per party into the building.
- At this time we are not allowing any social visits or large groups inside the building at any time.
- Surrendering an animal and end-of-life services for an animal requires an appointment, see below for details.
- Pet licensing is currently available by phone, mail, and web-only – see details below.
- Capacity limitations may lead to longer-than-normal wait times. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
- Please keep the six-foot social distancing rule in mind at all times while you are in the shelter, both outside and indoors.
- To limit the number of people in the shelter at one time, as well as to ensure we are able to meet the needs of other guests, we are restricting guest stays to no more than one hour in duration.
- Please be sure to follow all posted directions and signs while visiting our shelter.
- If you or someone in your home is not feeling well, has been exposed to someone testing positive for COVID-19, or who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 themselves we kindly ask that you choose to visit us at another time.
Can I still purchase or renew a license for my pet?
Absolutely! License purchases or renewals may be processed by one of the following methods:
- By mail to 3501 E 71st Street, Loveland, CO 80538
- By phone at 970-226-3647, ext. 2010
In-person license purchases or renewals are suspended at this time.
Are you looking to add new volunteers to the shelter?
We are and will have virtual volunteer orientations over the next few months. Please visit our volunteer page for details on these opportunities.
Are you still holding community events and offering tours?
Larimer Humane Society is slowly reincorporating in-person events! Please keep an eye on our website and social media platforms to learn more. We are still observing limitations regarding our tours. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about our current tour status.