https://www.larimerhumane.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Larimer-Humane-Society-October-2017-660-scaled.jpg 1707 2560 Tylor Starr https://www.larimerhumane.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/LHS-NEW-Logo-PMS-WHITE-LINES-and-LETTERS.png Tylor Starr2020-03-11 16:51:082020-03-11 16:51:29Prepare Your Pets for COVID-19
With the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus disease 2019 on the rise in Colorado, it is important for Larimer County residents to include their pets in preparedness plans.
Make a preparedness plan for your pets:
- Identify a trusted family member or friend to care for your pets if someone becomes ill or is hospitalized.
- Research boarding facilities to utilize in the event boarding your pet is needed.
- Have crates, food, and extra supplies for your pet on hand in case moving them becomes necessary, or if the disease speads in the community and it becomes necessary to reduce social exposure.
- All animal vaccines should be up to date in the event boarding becomes necessary. Ensure all medications are documented with dosages and administering instructions.
- Pets should have identification including a collar with current identification tags, rabies tag and license*, and a registered microchip.
*For questions about licensing, or to renew your pet’s license, please visit LarimerHumane.org/licensing.