The Fire Hydrant 5K walk/run raises crucial funds for thousands of animals who come through our doors each year. Will you join us and help support homeless pets in northern Colorado?
How to Participate:
- Join us in-person for the Fire Hydrant 5K on Saturday, June 4, at Spring Canyon Park in Fort Collins. Spaces are limited, so register today! If you’re the competitive type and have your sights set on one of our top three male and female race prizes, just be sure to register for the first wave at 8 a.m. Please be aware that race day registration is not available.
- Select the virtual registration option if you’d prefer to participate from the comfort of your home, neighborhood, or wherever your legs take you.
- Whether you plan to join us in-person or virtually, you can register today at FH5K.org
- Quality Time with Your Furry Friend: Dogs are not just welcome at Fire Hydrant 5K, they’re encouraged! So bring your leashed, licensed, and well-behaved pup to Spring Canyon Park for a special outing (did we mention there’s also a dog park?) or get out in your neighborhood with your favorite furry workout buddy!
- Lose That “COVID 19”: Let’s face it – the pandemic has wreaked havoc on our minds and waistlines alike, but now is the chance to get back to your pre-COVID self. Whether you’re looking to be healthier or just get more active, the Fire Hydrant 5K is the perfect opportunity for you to get outside, get moving, and get ready for summer!
- Save Lives: Every dollar raised at the Fire Hydrant 5K helps to save the lives of animals in northern Colorado. In addition to registering, you can go the extra mile and fundraise on behalf of the animals at Larimer Humane Society! Not only does this earn you fabulous prizes, but it has incredible impact on shelter animals!
Raise $30 – Provides six animals with microchips, ensuring their safe return home should they ever get lost.
Raise $60 – Provides one animal with a spay/neuter surgery, increasing their chance for a healthy life and reducing the risk of pet overpopulation.
Raise $150 – Provides two ill or injured animals with immediate medical care and treatment from licensed veterinarians and a skilled veterinary support team.
Raise $250 – Provides one animal with temporary care and shelter if their owner has been hospitalized, is fleeing domestic violence, or has lost their home to a disaster.
Raise $500 – provides one week’s supply of vaccines, protecting animals during their stay at the shelter, and keeping them healthy when they go home.
Raise $750 – provides a two-week supply of nutritious food for all animals in the shelter’s care, who often arrive hungry, malnourished, and weak.
Raise $1,000 – provides one week’s supply of medications for all animals at the shelter who arrive injured or ill.