Larimer Humane Society is contracted by Fort Collins, Loveland and Larimer County (for unincorporated areas) to enforce and uphold local and state animal protection and control ordinances and laws.
While each contract varies in scope, the services remain relatively the same. Larimer Humane Society ensures for the proper care and humane treatment of animals in our community, as well as the safety of Larimer County residents and visitors to our community from potentially dangerous animals by:
- Enforcing state laws and local ordinances pertaining to animals;
- Educating our community on the responsible care and treatment of animals in our homes, neighborhoods and adjoining lands;
- Sheltering and caring for stray, lost or abandoned animals;
- Assisting other law enforcement agencies with cases when potentially dangerous animals are present;
- Investigating reports of animal cruelty and neglect;
- Responding to calls regarding injured, lost, stray, sick or abandoned animals;
- Investigating reports of potentially dangerous animals and those that have caused harm to a human or another animal; and
- Removing deceased animals from public roadways.
If you have a life-threatening emergency, please contact 911.
For all other animal-related protection and control calls, please click on the city you reside in below for more information on the services offered in your community.
Do you reside in?
|Fort Collins||Loveland||Larimer County (unincorporated)|
If you reside in Berthoud, Estes Park, Johnstown, Timnath, Wellington or Windsor, please contact your local government offices for information on their services.
If your answer is not found online, please call our dispatch office at (970) 226-3647 ext. 7.