Keeping pets and people safe
Our Animal Protection & Control team works around-the-clock to ensure Northern Colorado is a great place for pets and people alike. We are contracted with several municipalities to enforce and uphold local and state animal protection and control laws and ordinances.
What do we do?
- Enforce state laws and local ordinances pertaining to animals
- Educate our community on the responsible care and treatment of animals
- Shelter and care for stray, lost, or abandoned animals
- Investigate reports of animal cruelty and neglect as well as assist other law enforcement agencies with cases when potentially dangerous animals are present
- Investigate reports of potentially dangerous animals and those that have caused harm to a human or another animal
- Respond to calls around-the-clock regarding injured, lost, stray, sick or abandoned animals
- Remove deceased animals from public roadways
Animal Protection & Control can be reached at 970.226.3647 ext. 7.
Bite Reporting: Click here to access Animal Bite Forms for exposure reporting. Reports may be faxed to 970.226.2968.