Larimer Humane Society uses variable adoption fees. The adoption fee for certain animals is dependent on many factors including age, size, behavior, medical condition, and demand.
Adoption fees range from $25 to $150 for cats and kittens and $75 to $750 for dogs and puppies. Adoption fees for small mammals, fish, birds, exotic and barnyard animals vary. Click on each animal’s photo on our website to find the adoption fee.
When you adopt, you’ll receive a new best friend and:
- Spay or neuter surgery for cats, dogs, and rabbits
- General medical examination and testing for good health
- Preliminary vaccinations
- Microchip implant and registration for cats and dogs
- Temporary collar, leash or carrier to get your new pet home safely
- Complimentary post-adoption medical exam from a participating veterinary clinic
- Complimentary first month of pet health insurance
- Discount on your first initial purchase from Poudre Pet & Feed Supply
All adoptable animals may be placed on hold for a $30 non-refundable and non-transferable fee. The fee is not applied towards the adoption of the animal, as it is a service fee to help cover the cost of care of the animal. In order to place a hold on an animal, you must visit with the animal in person. The hold will expire at the end of business the following day and cannot be extended.