We realize there are times when owners can no longer care for their pet, and we know how difficult this decision can be.
We are here to help with the process of rehoming your pet.
Surrender your pet to Larimer Humane Society and we will provide the necessary care and best outcome for your pet.
- To avoid additional waiting in our lobby, please schedule an appointment (click button below) to ensure Clients Services can assist you with surrendering your pet in a timely manner.
- Rehoming your pet is not an easy choice to make and we are here to help you with the process. Feel free to call us at 970.226.3647 ext. 0 and we are happy to discuss your situation with you.
- If you’re surrendering your pet due to a behavior concern, explore our online help sheets and/or consider seeking the guidance of an animal behaviorist or trainer.
- If you are confident in your decision to surrender your pet, complete our dog surrender form or cat surrender form or download the dog surrender PDF or cat surrender PDF. This can be done at the shelter or from the comfort of your own home.
- As an independent, nonprofit organization, we ask for a $40 pet relinquishment fee ($5o for individuals that live outside of Larimer Humane Society’s Animal Protection & Control jurisdictions). No pet will be turned away due to an owner’s inability to pay. This relinquishment fee helps us care for nearly 6,500 animals each year. Surrender fees vary for exotic pets, fish, and farm animals.
- To schedule an appointment to surrender your animal, please click below or call 970-226-3647 and press option 5 from the main menu.