Please be aware that if you have a virtual event registration, we cannot accommodate you at the in-person event. Information concerning the virtual Fire Hydrant 5K can be found here.
Questions about the in-person event at Spring Canyon Park? Email us at email@example.com!
Here’s what you need to know concerning packet pickup on Friday, June 4:
Larimer Humane Society
3501 E 71st Street
Loveland, CO 80538
(look for the green tent in the parking lot)
Friday, June 4th
3pm – 7pm
There is no packet pick-up on race day.
If you registered after May 26, pick-up was the only option available to you.
HOW TO COMPETE, SPRING CANYON PARK EVENT SCHEDULE, PARKING, AND COURSE MAP:
- Directions – 3156 S Overland Trail, Fort Collins – The Creekside shelter at Spring Canyon Park is most easily accessible from the north entrance of the park, off of W Drake Road. From Drake Road in Fort Collins, head west until W Drake Road ends at S Overland Trail. Turn left and head south on S Overland Trail for approximately 3/4 of a mile. After 3/4 of a mile, S Overland Trails will open directly into parking at the Creekside Shelter of Spring Canyon Park.
- Parking – Overflow parking is available immediately north of the Creekside shelter at Cottonwood Glenn Park, or at the south entrance of Spring Canyon Park, which can be accessed via W Horsetooth Road.
Want to see how you can get to the north entrance of the park? This video will show you how to get there, and it starts at the intersection of West Drake Road and Taft Hill Road in Fort Collins:
FIRE HYDRANT 5K IN-PERSON ETIQUETTE AND COVID GUIDELINES:
- The trails will be open to other users during the event, including pedestrians and bicyclists. Please be courteous. The amount of trail traffic will depend upon the weather.
- Participants are responsible for their own safety while participating, and the organizers are neither qualified nor equipped to render medical care in the event of a serious injury. In case of an emergency, call 9-1-1. You are encouraged to bring a cell phone with you as a safety precaution, if you wish.
- Where the trails are narrow, please let other participants pass you if they want to get by. It is a passing runner’s job to tell the person in front that they wish to pass.
- If you’d like to listen to music while you’re on the course, please use headphones or earbuds, so that runners around you can’t hear it. Others may prefer a quieter event experience or may have different musical tastes. Runners playing music in the open air may be asked to leave the event. Also, keep the volume low enough that you can hear someone talking to you in a normal voice, for example, another runner saying they would like to pass on your left.