Sterilizing your pet is the single most important thing you can do to reduce the number of homeless animals in our community. All dogs, puppies, cats, kittens and rabbits adopted from Larimer Humane Society are spayed or neutered before going into their new homes. We encourage all pet owners to sterilize their companion animals and join in our efforts to ensure no animal is left without a home.
Spaying or Neutering Your Animal Will
- Reduce his inclination to stray. Animals that leave home to mate are often lost, hit by cars, or injured by another animal.
- Greatly reduce her risk of cancer. It’s a fact: altered animals live longer.
- Reduce unwanted behaviors such as spraying or fighting.
- Make your animal’s license and impound fees cheaper.
- Ensure that you are not stuck with the costly and time-consuming task of caring for an unwanted litter.
- Ensure that your companion is not contributing to pet overpopulation, the leading cause of death in domestic animals.
Larimer Humane Society does not operate a spay/neuter clinic. For additional information on reduced cost spay/neuter options, click here.
Do you know of any outdoor cats in Loveland that need spay/neuter? Any cat that spends some time outdoors and could father or deliver kittens in the 80537 or 80538 zip codes is eligible for FREE spay/neuter! Fort Collins Cat Rescue & Spay/Neuter Clinic has received funding from PetSmart Charities to perform this service for a limited number of Loveland kitties. The cats will receive vaccinations free of charge at the time of surgery, too!
If you are able to bring your outdoor cat(s) to Fort Collins Cat Rescue & Spay/Neuter Clinic yourself, you can schedule an appointment by calling (970) 484-1861. If there are more cats than you can handle alone, or they are feral and you need assistance trapping, please complete this online request form or call (970) 658-5181.
For more information about the project or clinic, click here.
Please note: Due to the changing needs of our community S.N.I.P vouchers are no longer being sold. Any S.N.I.P vouchers purchased before December 31, 2016 will be honored until January 31, 2017.