Dogs and cats are required to be licensed in the cities of Fort Collins and Loveland, and the town of Wellington. Residents living in unincorporated areas of Larimer County are only required to license their dogs; cat and chicken licensing in unincorporated areas although not required, is encouraged. *New Ordinance*- Chickens, ducks and goats are required to be licensed in the City of Fort Collins.
- $12 annually - dogs and cats under 1 year of age (spayed/neutered or intact)
- $12 annually - dogs and cats over 1 year altered (spayed or neutered)
- $35 annually - dogs and cats over 1 year, not altered (intact - not spayed or neutered)
- $25 annually - goats
- $25 late fee per goat
- $30 one-time fee - chicken coop
- $30 late fee per chicken coop
- $5 - owner over age 62; animal is either under 1 year, or is over 1 year and is altered
Optional Cat Licensing Where Not Required*: $5.00
*Residents of unincorporated Larimer County are encouraged to purchase a license for their cats as well, although not required by law.
To purchase a pet license in person, please visit our administrative office (5137 S. College Avenue), our shelter (6317 Kyle Avenue), or stop by the office of one our participating veterinarians selling pet licenses or an approved pet license center located in northern Colorado.