Outreach and Influence
Be an essential community resource and leader in animal welfare.
1. Provide leadership in addressing animal welfare needs and issues through effective collaboration, partnership, and advocacy.
2. Be recognized and respected as an essential community resource and expert regarding the welfare and control of the community’s animals.
Programs and Services
Expand our service offerings to strengthen the safety net for quality animal care in the communities we serve—while also providing excellent sheltering and animal protection services.
3. Expand the network of accessible, affordable communitybased services that strengthen the safety net for quality animal care.
4. Increase awareness and perceived value of our animal protection and control services and their positive impact.
5. Develop and implement a cat management program strategy based on humane principles and community needs.
6. Provide high quality animal sheltering to the Northern Colorado region using the Five Freedoms to guide decisions for individual animals and the overall shelter population.
Enhance staff, volunteer, board and financial resources as needed to achieve our goals and to support the growth of the organization.
7. Attract, develop, and retain employees who are engaged in their work, committed to upholding the values of Larimer Humane Society, and who are motivated to perform to their potential.
8. Expand and enhance our leadership and volunteers who can support programs and initiatives, and enthusiastically communicate Larimer Humane Society’s message.
9. Develop and implement strategies to expand the revenue sources to fund current and future operations.